Oct 2nd, 2017

Local Fire Departments Give Carbon Monoxide Awareness a Boost

Christner Family

We'd like to thank the Valparaiso Firefighters Local 1124 for their generous donation of $500 which we will put to good use, helping to spread awareness about the dangers of carbon monoxide. This was our first year partnering with Valparaiso, tabling at an open house over the summer where we helped them celebrate their 150 year anniversary. We are exploring additional ways of partnering together and hope to have more to share soon.

Meanwhile, we are grateful to all the fire houses who host events, some of them have done so since we began hosting events like these 4 years ago. We know of at least one family whose lives were saved because of a CO alarm they picked up at one of our partner events in 2014 when then 5-year old Ayden Christner convinced his family to take him to an open house in LaPorte.  His mother, Alexandra Chrisner said her son wanted to be a firefighter since he was one and a half. We encourage all families -- kids or no kids -- to attend one of our events and learn more about how to protect your home and those you love from carbon monoxide.

Visit our Facebook page to see a list of all upcoming CO Awareness events.